Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Storyteller progress 1/31/11


I guess that post about the hole I had to fix didn't really call out that I have been stitching on this piece again, a few hours each day and have made a bunch of progress. Here it is as of 1/31. In a few days I'll post the February progress picture and it looks so different. But the border may be a big slowdown. It is awkwardly shaped and there are more empty spaces that means I won't let the thread cross, so I will have to start and stop a lot more.

I've added a couple of detail photos to show the large number of colors used in the wings and in the storyteller.  There's a section that is all half crosses to indicate a castle on a hill in the background.

I do all the backstitching last.  I know there are some out there who hate backstitching.  I love to do it, bringing the indistinctness of color patches into greater focus as the people or animals or objects in the scene.



Storyteller detail
Originally uploaded by polyrhythmic



Storyteller detail
Originally uploaded by polyrhythmic

No comments:

Post a Comment